- To lead Indonesian schools towards international standards
- To advance, promote and enhance authentic educational practice in Indonesian schools by
- Informing schools of current and emerging domestic and international educational thinking and practice;
- Influencing schools to adopt best practice techniques for student and staff learning;
- Supporting educational networks and interest groups;
- Promoting, developing and publishing ideas for improving the quality of education;
- Providing a forum in which practitioners and leaders can discuss and share common educational issues;
- Enhancing human resources services to facilitate teacher professional development and improve teacher qualifications.